Thursday, January 7, 2010

Socially Savvy New Year's Challenge!









Welcome Socially Savvy Subscribers!

How inspiring you are to me! So many of you are accepting The New Year’s Challenge from my tip of the week! For those who are reading my blog for the first time - a sincere Thank You! For those of you who don't know, each week I send out an etiquette tip that I hope will be a refresher for some, and new information for others. Socially Savvy Tip
This week I "paid it forward" by challenging my subscribers with one word that would symbolize the life they choose to lead in 2010. 
I say "pay it forward" because, a friend(HerSouthernCharm)challenged me to do this last week. As she put it - this "word" is to influence decisions, and to inspire my way of living. I want to focus on it, pray on it, and reflect upon this word as I go about my daily life... a sort of simple motto for the year. It is my word. I don't have to fit it around any one else's life. 


Here are some of the inspiring "Words" I received back today. Enjoy!


My word is "cherish".  Cherish my children because they grow up too soon.  Cherish my husband,  and all other family members because we truly never know when our time is up.  Cherish my health, my home, my country, and the beautiful sounds, smells, and sights of nature.
Carol
----------
My word for the year will be ' listen'
God bless you and Happy new year!
For Life,
Maru

----------
I chose "person".
Be a better person by being a better listener; be a better person by being a better friend; be a better person by creating new relationships; be a better person by devoting more time to existing relationships; be a better person by being a better parent; be a better person by being more compassionate; be a better person by being a better example;  be a better person by being a better Christian.

~ John
----------
I LOVE this challenge!  What a great way to focus on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, and excellent.
My word is "Christlike."
 Jennifer

----------
On New Year’s Eve I asked God where and how he wanted to use me this year.  I heard the word “Encourager” and that is my word for this year.  To Encourage.
BJ

---------
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  My word is “Healthy”.  Thanks for the inspiration! Wendy
----------
I love, love, love the idea…..one word to define my thoughts and processes…all year long. I think I will choose “Positive”…..I will try with all my might to remember to be “positive” no matter what the world drops in my lap this year.  Thanks for Sharing!!
Peggy

----------
I have been thinking about your challenge and I have chosen "discipline" as my 2010 word.  It reminds me to "stick to my guns" so to speak with decisions I've made in my personal life and remember the goal I'm striving toward: being a well-rounded, happy, successful, accomplished 25-year-old and time-management and discipline are means to that end.
Kaci
----------
Mine is peace - such as only that from Christ.
In a world of chaos all around us, I'm going to focus on trusting God and allowing His peace to be supreme in my heart.
Thank you for the challenge.
Alesia


----------
My word is Faith
Def: Sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see ...
For me, life without prayer would be empty and the Bible tells us that we must have faith when we pray. (otherwise we are just hoping)
Joy

----------
My friend chose 
"Create" as her word. To create a loving home for her family, create healthy and wholesome meals, create new designs for her jewelry, etc..(HerSouthernCharm)


I will be traveling all day tomorrow - I will post more over the weekend!
xoJoy

No comments: