Monday, May 10, 2010

It's National Etiquette Week

My Personal Tips and Faux Pas 
I will be sharing etiquette tips this week - but to start out I wanted to share my personal tips and faux pas with you.
Remember: These are NOT etiquette rules, these are some of my favorite personal tips and some of the faux pas I have learned in the ongoing lessons of life. I believe this knowledge will support you, no matter what your season of your life. These are the basic principles I believe in now and try to follow as I make my journey through life. 

Tips


  • Follow the “Golden Rule”: Treat others the way you want to be treated.
  • Realize that success is measured by what you do, compared to what you are capable of doing.
  • Understand that God’s delays are not His denials.
  • Believe that a life without prayer is a life without power.
  • Hide God’s word in your heart.
  • Know that it is not necessarily the situation, but how the situation is handled, that matters.
  • Behave your way to success.
  • Realize that life is about choices.
  • Alter your attitude, and you can alter your life.
  • Learn that it is not where you start, but rather where you finish, that counts. 
Faux Pas

  • Waiting on the future instead of preparing for it.
  • Trading what you want most for what you want now.
  • Being afraid to stand up for what is right for fear of criticism.
  • Blaming your past.
  • Being lazy!
  • Making a permanent decision based on a temporary storm.
  • Getting back at others.
  • Confusing class and money. 
Would love to hear your tip and faux pas additions!
xoJoy

2 comments:

Miss Janice said...

Love "Behave your way to success" and cannot tolerate "lazy."

JDB said...

Confusing class and money. Love that one!