Monday, May 10, 2010

It's National Etiquette Week

My Personal Tips and Faux Pas 
I will be sharing etiquette tips this week - but to start out I wanted to share my personal tips and faux pas with you.
Remember: These are NOT etiquette rules, these are some of my favorite personal tips and some of the faux pas I have learned in the ongoing lessons of life. I believe this knowledge will support you, no matter what your season of your life. These are the basic principles I believe in now and try to follow as I make my journey through life. 

Tips


  • Follow the “Golden Rule”: Treat others the way you want to be treated.
  • Realize that success is measured by what you do, compared to what you are capable of doing.
  • Understand that God’s delays are not His denials.
  • Believe that a life without prayer is a life without power.
  • Hide God’s word in your heart.
  • Know that it is not necessarily the situation, but how the situation is handled, that matters.
  • Behave your way to success.
  • Realize that life is about choices.
  • Alter your attitude, and you can alter your life.
  • Learn that it is not where you start, but rather where you finish, that counts. 
Faux Pas

  • Waiting on the future instead of preparing for it.
  • Trading what you want most for what you want now.
  • Being afraid to stand up for what is right for fear of criticism.
  • Blaming your past.
  • Being lazy!
  • Making a permanent decision based on a temporary storm.
  • Getting back at others.
  • Confusing class and money. 
Would love to hear your tip and faux pas additions!
xoJoy

2 comments:

Miss Janice said...

Love "Behave your way to success" and cannot tolerate "lazy."

JDB (Chin Up, Pretty Smile, Give 'Em Hell) said...

Confusing class and money. Love that one!

There was an error in this gadget