Friday, November 13, 2009

Joy's Holiday Pumpkin Roll


As promised to you in my last blog - without further delay, I present:
The Best Pumpkin Dessert - EVER!


Years ago my "more than Martha Stewart" friend Jana gave me this recipe, but I have since taken it on as my own. (oops - sorry Jana!)
I'm not so crazy about the taste of pumpkin, but it would be a sad Thanksgiving & Christmas season if the taste of this pumpkin roll never reached my taste buds. I know you will feel the same way ... try it and see!
Joy's Holiday Pumpkin Roll
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. pumpkin
3/4 c. pioneer baking mix
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2/3 c. chopped nuts


(Heat oven to 375) Prepare jelly roll pan by lining with wax paper, oil and flour.
Mix eggs, sugar, and pumpkin - beat until fluffy, then mix in all dry ingredients.
Pour batter into pan & sprinkle with pecans - Bake 15 minutes.


Sprinkle powdered sugar on a dish cloth. Transfer cooked loaf into towel (remove wax paper)- slowly roll it up. VERY IMPORTANT: Let it cool completely!


Filling (mix)
1 c. powered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
6 tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla


Gently unroll the loaf & spread filling inside - Re-roll & it is ready ~ Enjoy!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I cooked this Pumpkin Roll for Thanksgiving before the recipe was corrected to add the 3/4 cup pumkin. It tasted great with no pumpkin in it. It just would not roll properly. I layered it and cut it into bars. It was yummy. Next time I will try it with the 3/4 cup pumpkin. :) Thanks for the recipe.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Good Idea! Will try without the pumpkin.